Friday 9 March 2012

I had to have a Women's day post


I really don’t know how or why Women’s day began to be celebrated. Today it’s mostly a day to talk either about how women today have come of age or about how they haven’t yet, and needless to say both sides find enough illustrations to prove their point effortlessly. Personally, I think that’s a rather pointless debate. We are talking about roughly one half of the entire world population. It’s ridiculous to put it all under one blanket. Each has her own definition of progress and happiness and shouldn’t be measured against a set standard.

To me Women’s day is about celebrating the amazing women we know and for me, that most amazing woman is my mom. How she manages to do everything she does and as effortlessly and beautifully is something I can never fathom.

It's a privilege being your duaghter, Aai. Love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment