Thursday 2 January 2014

Sun, sand and no surf

I like travelling. I like the going to new places, meeting new people, pretending to understand cultures and all. Now that I've grown up enough, I also like it, because it's considered  a valid excuse to not do everything you don't want to do and not pick up all the calls you don't want to pick up. So anyway, I recently went on this trip to Rajasthan, and apart from finding excuses to avoid work and not pick up calls, I clicked a couple of pictures which I quite like. Well, I also had a lot of local food, quite a lot of which was vegetarian and still good, but that later.
This one, at some lake in Jaisalmer is my personal favourite. The tranquility of the water shaken by the sudden flight of the birds was beautiful. 

You can see the impending sunset in the golden hues reflecting on the sand. 

Now what kind of a photographer, even amateur, would I be if I didn't get a camel silhouettes against the setting sun pic? 
If I had enough people reading my blog, I would announce a prize for guessing if this was sun was bidding adieu or saying hello. 

There were so many peacocks! All roaming around without a care in the world. One even made the driver bring the car to a halt with a jolt as it decided to come out of a bush without notice
and cross the road. This was all in a village which inhabits people of the Bishnoi community, bishnoi standing for 29, for the 29 commandments they follow religiously. One of the 29 is that they don't hurt plants and animals, which is mainly why these beautiful animals can move around so freely here. The world definitely has a lesson to take from this seemingly community, whose villages got roads only a decade back and who still live in mud houses.

And a blog about Rajasthan, wouldn't be complete without a fort now, would it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment